May 25, 2009

A Time to Remember!!!



I don't always know the right words to say or write down. I am not a wordsmith by any means but I am going to try to put all of this into words. I come from a military family and I am greatful for all the men and women in the Armed Forces who fight for our freedom daily.

I was reading a blog the other night and she was commemmorating this holiday and touched on a part of the US Army called the 3rd US Infantry Regiment (the Old Guard). I believe my little brother was once a part of the regiment. I have fond memories of him coming to visit and putting on his uniform and "tap" shoes and showing us HIS moves. These men are very disciplined and sharp. It takes great effort on their part to do this job. What a handsome young man he was representing a part of our nation that not everyone sees or even knows about. I wish I had a picture of him in his elaborate uniform.

He would tell us of his duties and I remember thinking, "Wow, he is so young and has already seen and touched things that a lot of us never will." I can't even begin to understand what the soldiers have to endure but talking to my brothers has helped me realize a soldiers mentality.

So, here is to all the soldiers past, present and future. We are THANKFUL for you everyday!!!!!

0 Comments: